Water Watch International
Is a pro-active, non-profit water monitoring and water education organization with sister organizations throughout the United States and around the world. We have taken water samples for over 30 years and worked through education and legislation to promote clean water and water conservation worldwide.
WATERWATCH INTERNATIONAL was founded back in 1970 by Captain Joel S. Fogel. It began as one individual's effort to see an improvement in the quality of our waterways.
Captain Joel S. Fogel / Executive Director WaterWatch International
Nominated for the CNN HERO AWARD for Environmental Work in Water Quality Worldwide for 40 years
Learn About Our Waterways and How to Protect Them
- Learn appreciation for our waterways on Guided Eco-tours.
- View Wildlife in its Natural Habitat.
- Hear Seminars and Watch Videos about Wildlife Inhabiting Our Waterways.
- Water Testing and Educational Programs for Schools and Organizations.
- Learn how to Protect Our Waterways Through Education and Legislation.
- Talk to Experts in the Fields of Waterfowl and Marine Wildlife Rehabilitation.
- Visit the Ocean Life Center; Adopt a Waterway Near You and Monitor it.
"Education is the KEY to Saving Our Waterways and Marine Wildlife! If more people are educated and care, there will be a better protective shield for the environment". - Captain Joel S. Fogel
WaterWatch International (WWI) has made efforts in four areas: (click for more info)
The vaquita marinades
, endemic porpoise of Mexico, is on the verge of extinction. It is calculated that there do not exist any more than 600 individuals of this species and that anually they die between 40 and 80 vaquitas sea-coasts caught in fishing networks. This species will disappear of the aspect of the land if urgent measures are not applied to save it.